July 20, 2011

Wednesday Wonders

For today's Wednesday Wonders,  I am combining two things that I really can't live without: S'mores & Flare Jeans.  I think both are as delicious, as they are visually appealing.  I mean melted chocolate and a gooey marshmallow...Perfect flared jeans that make legs look a mile long...YUM (on both counts).

Let's talk about Smore's for a minute.  I would love to meet a person that doesn't love a good S'more. Do you people exist? How about trying this S'more delight, to switch it up for the normal campfire fare (you don't even need a campfire to make these)!  I can't wait to make these today (my husband {and kids} are going to be very happy).

via

S'mores Cookies Recipe Via

Ingredients


1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
1 cup all-purpose flour, (spooned and leveled)
1 cup whole-wheat flour (spooned and leveled)
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
3/4 cup light-brown sugar
1 large egg
8 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, cut into 30 squares
15 large marshmallows, halved horizontally

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a food processor, pulse oats until finely ground. Add flours, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt; pulse to combine. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, scraping down side of bowl. With mixer on low, beat in flour mixture just until combined.

Drop dough by tablespoons, 1 inch apart, onto two baking sheets. Top each with a chocolate square. Bake just until lightly golden, 11 to 13 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through. Remove sheets from oven; heat broiler. Top each cookie with a marshmallow. One sheet at a time, broil until marshmallows are lightly browned, 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. Transfer cookies to wire racks to cool.




NOW on to denim!  Move over skinnies...Flare is back, with a vengeance.  Boo-ya.  I am already counting down till I can wear Fare Jeans with platfrom booties and slouchy sweaters...oh Fall, I can't wait for you.

Have a happy Wenesday everyone! XoX


images via

9 comments:

Alexa said...

Smores cookies?!!!! YOu're killing me, those look delish!
xo
Alexa
www.theshortandthesweetofit.com

Lisa Harris said...

I don't know what looks more killer, the cookies or the jeans! mmm to both.

Brooklyn said...

Those jeans are Lovely! With wedges, yes PLEASE!!!!!! and hello cookies. MMMM! On another note, those party favors are just precious. I HAVE to have a party ASAP!

Gentri said...

I love these! I seriously need to make those cookies ASAP! Let me know how they taste! And LOVE the flare jeans! I need a good pair. I have a pair of flare trousers, but not jeans.

Grace said...

The cookies :D

Unknown said...

I have a few pairs of flare jeans and LOVE them!!! I bet you would look amazing in them.
-Linh

Charlotte B said...

You are right about the flares, uber-flattering and so leg lengthening!! We don't have s'mores in England... : ( xx

Jackie @ EatLove&Style said...

Hmmm...love smores. And love flare jeans but I'm to short so it doesn't look great on me.

Jackie

Chelsea said...

yes! love them too. i've been on the hunt for a lengthier pair that i can actually wear a heel with without looking like floods. :/ tough task.