Anyhoo, on Saturday I got busy painting away while Mr. Delicious was napping and the Hubs and Capt. Crazy were swimming. The problem? The bench in our loft/landing area upstairs. The bench was free from an office closing, but it was way too traditional for my taste. I knew it had major potential though. Solution? Spray paint...DUH!
|After (isn't she pretty)?!|
|The landing/loft area. She made a great addition to the space.|
* $20 in spray paint.
* I covered the cushion with an extra window panel I already had (free).
* I made the toss pillows simply by using a white Dupioni silk pillow cover, and an self- adhesive fabric Quatrefoil. I bought the materials from Joann's for $20 (with coupons). I already had the pillow inserts (free).
* Total cost to transform bench: $40 (not bad)!
While I was a little "spray happy" I decided to paint a little end table I had in storage. It now resides in my laundry/mud room and it is the perfect little table to put my sunglasses and keys when coming through the door.
It was way too shabby chic for my taste, so I had to brighten it up. Viola!
|Before (not doing it for me).|
|After! Much more fun. We keep our flip flops in the storage bin (to the right) so we can easily store/grab our shoes before heading outside to play.|
|The rest of the Laundry/mudroom.|
|Another view. Lots more I want to do. Chandelier light fixture, paint, wallpaper.....the list never ends.|
* $5 in spray paint.
* Already had the table (free).
* Total cost for mudroom catchall table: $5 (love it)!
P.S. Is anyone else in love with spray paint as much as me?
P.P.S. Make it a great Tuesday! XoX