Solution: A plain white, scuffed wood tray (found in the clearance section at Target). Say what? I know, it hardly sounds like some great centerpiece, but stay with me, I promise it turned out to be awesome!
Plan of Attack: Make the drab white tray into a piece of visual interest buy lining the interior with Fabric and loading it up with all the extra candles I had in a basket in storage under my stairs.
Cost: $10 for everything. Boo-Ya!
1) step 1- Gather materials. You will need:
* Tacky spray to adhere the fabric to the wood tray
* Fabric of your choice
* Fabric Scissors to cut the fabric
* Measuring tape or ruler to accurately measure the fabric to the inside dimensions of the tray
* spray sealer (that is fabric safe) to make it water-repellent and for a nice finish.
|Hardly glam, but it will be soon!|
2) step 2- measure the inside of the tray and then lay the fabric out and measure those exact dimensions of the tray onto the fabric. Tip** measure and draw the measurements with a pen and a ruler so they are straight and do it on the underside of the fabric so that when you have your finished product, there are no pen marks showing.
3) step 3- cute the fabric out once measured and make sure it fits nice and neat into the tray.
4) step 4- go outside and spray the tacky spray on the inside of the tray, where the fabric will be. Quickly lay the fabric on the inside of the tray where the tacky spray was applied and do it accurately so that it is even and no air bubbles pop up. Tip** I started at the very top and smoothed down as I pressed the fabric onto the tray.
5) step 5- after the tacky spray is dry, spray the sealer over the fabric and let dry a good 12-24 hrs before putting anything on it. You might need to do a few coats.
6) step 6- admire and enjoy your new, glam tray! Bam.
|Hello little tray. I love it.|
|Visual interest, glam, and cheap. You can't go wrong.|
I really liked the way the tray turned out. This would make a great gift for someone, and it was super easy and cheap. I now have a great dining table centerpiece and my hubs and I can eat by candlelight...ooh la la ;) Enjoy!